Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kitchen gadgets





Every time I visit the Sydney Fish Markets, I get caught buying something at the little kitchen gadget shop right at the entrance to the main building there...Rosie's its called. They've always got some great little gadget that catches your eye as you walk in...good marketing I guess ( certainly great location, location).

Yesterday I noticed the first mangoes of the season on display at the fabulous Thomas Dux deli in Lane Cove. What do I see at Rosie's this morning...a mango slicer, invented by "D-Line".

I bought it for the princely sum of $8.95, and tried it out on a Kensington...and it works like a charm...in fact even easier than you expect! Well done Mr D Line....beautiful fresh mango cubes to go with my chilli crab & spicy mango blue eye trevalla!